Copyright 2011 Anscombe Designs
Photography by David Fox, Christina Fox, Alison Anscombe
1. Free initial consultation visit. The first step, where we can see your garden and
discuss your ideas. We gain a sense of the place together with an idea of your preferred
style, likes and dislikes, and develop the brief with you. We then send a written quotation.
2. Survey. We make a full survey of the site showing the outline of the house, boundaries,
key trees, shrubs and features. It also shows any level changes and views to be
maximised or hidden. We also note the aspect and conduct a soil analysis.
3. Outline sketches are presented for discussion and your approval.
4. Presentation layout plan and planting plan are drawn up in full with details of
features and plants, showing quantities, sizes and any special notes.
5. Quotation. At this stage we provide a detailed written quotation for the work.
6. Construction and setting out drawings and plant maintenance schedules are
provided where required.
7. Project monitoring. We liaise closely with contractors, resolving any difficulties that
may arise, ensuring your project runs smoothly.
"After years of losing plants and struggling with the garden,
Alison's plant knowledge and eye for design has ensured we
now have beautiful borders, and the plants are thriving!"
Mr and Mrs N